Every year in beautiful locations around the world, Samsung showcases its products and services, while also cultivating partnerships at the Samsung Forum. Starting with Samsung European Forum in Monaco on February 5th, this year’s Samsung Forum celebrated Samsung’s innovations with more than 6,900 partners and media in 4 cities – Monaco, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Antalya – targeting 8 regions.
Samsung Forum 2015 is especially meaningful for Samsung Printing Solutions. This year we unveiled our newest flagship product–the MultiXpress 7 multifunction printer (MFP)—to partners and media from around the world.
Vision Statement from the Head of the Samsung Printing Solutions
Dr. Kiho Kim, Executive Vice President and Head of the Samsung Printing Solutions, shared Samsung Printing Solution’s vision and strategy in a keynote address. He emphasized that Internet of Things (IoT) convergence is already happening and Samsung will continue to provide its leadership in this drive. Samsung’s new MultiXpress 7 MFP is a big step forward to take in the future of Smart Office with Samsung’s three major innovations – Faster, Smarter, and Worry-free. Dr. Kim was confident that Samsung will lead smart innovations in printing and deliver meaningful transformations for customers and partners.
Showcased Products and Solutions Made a Great Impression on Media and Partners
Forum participants had the opportunity to view and experience Samsung’s flagship products during hands-on booth tours. The product showcase was organized by target (SMB and Enterprise) and had a variety of trial zones for different products and solutions. At the new model highlight zone, participants learned more about the MultiXpress 7. They tried the applications and widgets on the Smart UX Center, and learned how the Samsung Printer Diagnostic System (SPDS) is capable of lowering management and service costs. At the NFC booth, participants had a chance to test NFC printing. There was also a separate booth for XOA, where promoters demonstrated pull-printing using Business Core™ Printing Solutions.
Media and Partners’ Positive comments on the MultiXpress 7
- “Samsung’s smart printer diagnostic system and smart service mobile apps saves maintenance time on MX7 series.”
- “The MX 7 completes the manufacturer range of enterprise products and is IoT compatible.”
- “A high performance printer dedicated to professionals. Samsung goes upmarket with the MX7”
They were especially impressed with the possibility of the MultiXpress 7 functioning as a central document management machine with the Smart UX Center and Cloud solutions. Also, the Dual Scan Document Feeder gained positive recognition. They were very excited about the new office transformer, MultiXpress 7 MFP, recognizing its potential to succeed in the market across a range of industries, including key sector targets such as banking and government. Their positive feedbacks were mostly focused on key features below:
- One of the features of the MultiXpress 7 MFPs is its best-in-class document scanning speeds with the Dual Scan Document Feeder. It can scan both sides of a document at the same time, dual-scanning up to 240 ipm or about 4 pages every second. This is twice as fast as the scanning speed of the MultiXpress 4 series and six times that of other printers, which typically scan at 36ipm. The fast scanning feature reduces document digitization time and increases productivity.
- The Smart UX Center is the industry’s first Android-based printer UX. It functions just like a tablet with an intuitive touch-to-print display screen for easy use and has custom widgets that enable a smarter working environment. The Smart UX Center also pivots 90 degree for full page portrait or landscape viewing.
- The Smart Printer Diagnostic System is a smartphone app that’s a service tool for diagnosing printer failures. It can send preemptive alerts to smartphones, addressing the issues before they occur. With the latest information on Samsung MFPs shown in pictures and videos, it simplifies troubleshooting, especially for users who are not technicians. The ability to solve printer issues quickly without a service technician saves time and costs.