- Enhanced user convenience with easy installation and various mobile printing support
- Samsung seeks to equip SOHO users with high quality printing and latest IT solutions at a reasonable price
SEOUL, S. Korea – July 3rd, 2015 – Samsung Electronics announced today its new Xpress C430 and C480 series of color printers and multi-function printers. The series includes C430/430W single-function color printers, C480/480W multi-function printers that can print, copy, and scan, and C480FN/C480FW 4-in-1 MFPs with additional faxing capability. Designed for small office and home office (SOHO) users with relatively limited resources and high dependence on mobile devices, these printers come with features such as scan-to-email and mobile printing support.
As part of Samsung’s effort to strengthen its printer lineup for SOHO users and its position as a leader in mobile printing industry, “This series enables cost-conscious SOHO users to equip themselves with high quality printing devices that support mobile office environments without breaking their budget,” said David SW Song, Senior Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Sales at Samsung Printing Solutions.
Key features of the Xpress C430 and C480 series include:
- Easy Installation – Initial printer installation is simplified for SOHO offices lacking an IT administrator. Samsung Printer Software Installer installs the printer driver wirelessly without the need for a USB or CD installer.
- Scan-to-Email and Mobile Printing – The scan-to-email function, previously available only on higher-end Samsung printers, is offered as a native feature of these series. And mobile printing is made simple and intuitive with NFC and cloud technology. Users can print by tapping their NFC-enabled devices on the printer or by using the Samsung Mobile Print app. With the Mobile Print app, users can save scanned documents directly to the phone. The series also works with various cloud printing services, including Samsung Cloud Print™, Google Cloud Print, and AirPrint.
- Fast Speed and High Quality Printing – The C430 and C480 lines run on 400MHz and 800 MHz core processor respectively and can print 18 pages per minute (ppm) in mono and 4 pages per minute in color. The Xpress C430/C480 series supports an enhanced resolution of up to 2,400 x 600 dots per inch (dpi). Samsung’s unique rendering engine technology sharpens text and boosts image clarity.
- Long Term Cost Saving – The series’s eco-friendly features such as the One Touch Eco Button and the Easy Eco Driver allow long-term cost reduction. With these features, users can change print settings on a document-by-document basis, for instance by unbolding bold text or printing only the text in a text-and-image document. Samsung reports that using these features, users can save up to 20% on toner.
The addition of this series to Samsung’s lineup is part of the company’s effort to target SOHOs, which comprise 60 to 70% of users with a high average monthly print volume. This segment of users is especially sensitive to additional costs and productivity losses incurred from maintenance of devices and difficult-to-use IT solutions.
In an explanation of the new series, Song noted that, “As can be seen from our newly launched brand ‘Samsung Business’ that focuses on the B2B sector, Samsung Electronics has endeavored to meet the increasing demand from businesses for products and solutions that enhance office productivity while reducing long term costs.” He added, “With the Xpress C430/480 series, we empower SOHO users with the latest IT solutions and help them grow their business with devices that are high in quality, convenient to use, and most important of all, economical.”